• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adopt-A-Trail Workdays: Sat. & Sun. July 22-23

Well now I'm getting pressured to go to a BBQ on Saturday.
And my Jeep is still not willing... Hah, even the spare tire that I have on the LF is going flat on me now, just like the battery is.
If someone has a seat for the day on Sat or Sun and can pick me up and drop me off at my Hyundai somewhere, I'm still somewhat game, though.

I am going up Saturday evening, camping, and then doing the Sunday workday. I will have the front seat available in the Jeep for the whole weekend, or we can just pick you up (near the trails) and take you to the campsite on Saturday.

MEET SATURDAY 9:30 AM
Cleghorn Road off ramp of I-15. Stage at the trailhead.
Please note I will be providing burgers and chips for lunch.

I assume the meeting place for Sunday will be where you camp Saturday night. Any idea where the camping will be?
Will you be providing burgers and chips on Sunday?

I assume the meeting place for Sunday will be where you camp Saturday night. Any idea where the camping will be?
Will you be providing burgers and chips on Sunday?

Yes. I have a spot identified along 2N49 for camping. It looks like at this point it will just be you and I for Sunday. I might bring some hot dogs for Sunday.

It looks as if I'll be bringing a niece with me as well.

Copy that, thanks.

Sorry I disappeared off the radar, my aunt was into the hospital and passed away on Sunday.

Hopefully your weekend was better than that!

Ronan had so much fun camping that he actually started to cry when we were heading down the mountain. I reminded him that we had to go home to get his brother so we can go camping again another time.

Ronan had so much fun camping that he actually started to cry when we were heading down the mountain. I reminded him that we had to go home to get his brother so we can go camping again another time.
Parenting at its finest :thumbup:

My nephew and niece (my older brother's son and younger brother's daughter, respectively) had a great time. Neither had ever been wheeling before. My nephew told his folks that given a choice he'd choose to go wheeling again rather than go to Disneyland. That's a good lad!

Does your older brother have a 4x4 yet?

It might be time for you to be a bad influence.

Alas, he has a stock JK Rubicon that's never been off pavement. I've invited him to join me in Moab next year. If he does, he'll likely come to understand that his Jeep needs to be wheeled.

... he'll likely come to understand that his Jeep needs to be wheeled.

Mine always runs better after a wheeling trip... except for that one time I wore out the rear spring bushings, or when I got water in the diff, or that time I pulled the axle vent tube out, ... hmmm maybe it doesn't always run better after a wheeling trip.

Back