• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Right side bulbs out

robsjeepxj

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I have a weird issue. The right side marker lights don't work, well not unless I turn on the fog lights then the fronts work but not the rear. Turn signals work fine. All original wiring, even the fog lights. I put a bulb Fromm the front that was known good and a brand new one as well no good. I even tried a new headlight switch but all that was good and new looking too. The right turn signal light stays lite on the dash which I assume is a bulb out indicator thing? Any ideas what's up with it?

Last edited:
I did recently replace the fog lights with brand new units, they came with the bulbs installed, mounts and all and they do work well just find it weird that I'd need to have them on to have the marker lights to work? Maybe I'll try disconnecting them and see if it goes back to normal?

Symptoms sound like a faulty ground on that side.

I thought so as well. Have yet to find anything wrong tho.

It may not appear to be wrong. I had a bad ground that "looked" good, but wasn't making contact. It was tight, and appeared to be where it was supposed to be. I pulled it and cleaned the metal (read sanded it under the connection) and reinstalled it. All was fixed in 10 min of work.

Back