• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Source for brake shoes

tjmotter

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Any recommendations on a source for the rear brake shoes on a '90 XJ? I have tried a couple of sets from the big retailers (O'Reilly's and Advance Auto) but neither set was correct. Neither had the stud that extends out to attach the adjustment linkage and on both, the hole was too big to accept the stud from my existing shoes.

Time for disk brake swap?

What stud are you referring to... on the shoe itself, or a brake hardware part? Primary or secondary shoe (front-most or rear-most shoe)? Which axle do you have, D35 or D44?

The Dana 35 and 44 use the same parts by name… the differences are the wider shoes, longer hold-down spring pins, and the deeper drum... and, of course, left and right side.

There are 2) hold-down pins, springs and spring cups, 2) upper springs that pull the shoes together at the top, 1) spring that pulls the shoes together at the bottom via a self-adjuster leaver, 1) self-adjuster cable and a cable guide, 1) adjustment shaft that sets the diameter of the shoes, 1) leaver that rests between the primary shoe and the parking brake cam jus above the top two axle retaining bolts with a tension spring at the primary shoe end, and a U-shaped clip to retain the parking brake cam to the secondary shoe.

I just did the brakes on my D44. Before upgrading years and years ago, I had the D35.,

Last edited:
Back