• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Short notice, Short run Sat. 10/21/2017

Bent

Only Marble Sharp
NAXJA Member
I'll be giving the XJ a shake-down this Saturday on 2N47. Going to run the bypasses (backwards) from Silverwood down to the staging area off of Hwy 138. Meet at 9:00 am and probably be finished and back to the highway by 1:00 - 2:00 pm

Meeting point is Highway 138 at Wagon train road. There is an open area on 138 on the east side of the freeway exit and west of Wagon train. Click to see Map. I suppose I could have said between but some days the Meds work better than the brain.
We will caravan to Silverwood Lake and the trail head.

To run the bypasses rocker protection and at least a limited slip in the rear are recommended; they are medium difficulty for the most part. There is the option to go around the tougher spots via the fire road (2N47) but I don't remember which are the tough ones and which aren't. You may end up backing 1/4 mile or so down stuff I wouldn't. I've run all of these except one in the MJ but that was going the other direction.

I'll join you on this run, sounds fun. Ill monitor Keller peak if you want to reach me on the radio. I'll also send you my cell via PM.

Jason KK6ZRD

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I've run all of these except one in the MJ but that was going the other direction.

I don't think your MJ would make it on that one in either direction, you have too much overhang. It could be worse, you could have too little hanging.

20170610-2N47-26_sm.jpg

Last edited:
It also has the break over angle of a skateboard.
:gee:

I would love to go but I have prior engagements. I will be ready to go next month given we have enough pre-planning done.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Running about 20 minutes late...I think.

Definitely going to need the truck on the next AAT.

John, this is your queue...

John, this is your queue...

I was thinking more along the lines of pictures.

I think can get it in the MJ. Looked like making side boards on site wouldn't be too much of a problem.

As to the run itself, Jason and your buddy, John and Kim, thanks for joining me. I had a good time wheeling and listening for new and unusual sounds.
The front suspension worked flawlessly; no unloading whatsoever. I was very happy about that. Even though control arm angles are now about stock their frame and axle side locations are not. I do need to add a hockey puck up front and also back the rear bump stop off about 3/4" for a bit more up travel.
I should be able to pick up my sliders Monday or Tuesday which once they're installed I'll be back to where I was a year ago today. Not that anyone other than me is counting. Bite me Avery! You too Scott.
:D

Great run, Kims first time driving any real "offroad". She did drive the rock garden at the end of Holcomb creek a few months ago, but an old blind asian woman could drive the comanche through that. :roflmao: Anyway, we had a great time, thanks for the invite!

As to the run itself, Jason and your buddy, John and Kim, thanks for joining me. I had a good time wheeling and listening for new and unusual sounds.
The front suspension worked flawlessly; no unloading whatsoever. I was very happy about that. Even though control arm angles are now about stock their frame and axle side locations are not. I do need to add a hockey puck up front and also back the rear bump stop off about 3/4" for a bit more up travel.
I should be able to pick up my sliders Monday or Tuesday which once they're installed I'll be back to where I was a year ago today. Not that anyone other than me is counting. Bite me Avery! You too Scott.
:D

Congratulations.

It has to feel good to have gotten things operational again.

Now, how goes the drywall repair? And flooring? Has that turned into a whole house remodel yet? :D

It was fun wheeling with you guys today! I added some new character on the passenger rear lower quarter panel. Not sure where but time for more armor.
4b87ff49f1f4cea3bf2af77eef7f176d.jpg
17ffc3f5ba2a8b779f19646d75a45a31.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Back