• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 renix turn signal light odd issue

Ecomike

NAXJA# 2091
NAXJA Member
I installed (moved) a typical aftermarket harness from one 89 to the other for bypassing the head light load around the head light switch, to relays, and now the turn signals light up all the time on the dash. Turn signals work, but the the dash indicator lights are a default off unless the turn signal is turned, right now mine light all the time, unless the turn signal is activated, and then they flash on the dash. the actual turn signals work normally, and the head lights work so the harness install does not and should not be the issue.

But I am baffled as to what is causing this?

Then it must be the aftermarket head light harness (grounds) install/swap from the other jeep. Thanks.

Unplug the power to it.......

I Think I just need to clean up the 2 connections to the frame on it. It was done in a rush to beat the rain IIRC. I did not think the head light harness could effect the turn signals, but it is the last thing I worked on before the odd behavior started.

Back