• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heater control valve delete help

Thanks guys. Put my noggin up in there and when I select heat all the way it hits that stop. Is that good to go to make sure that the AC will work good with the delete? Thanks!

Yes. Good job of "noggin pokin"

Below is something I wrote a few years back. Feel free to use it.

The only way you're gonna find what you're looking for is to GO LOOK!

Around the Jeep that is. In these parts, we call it "noggin pokin".

That's where you use your God given senses to inspect YOUR Jeep for problems. We can only provide you with guidance as to where to poke your noggin.

There's no Silver Bullet cure you're gonna find from a keyboard, mouse and monitor.

Very true...thanks for the help! This was BY FAR the best thread on the web for this.
To anyone else reading this...here are the part numbers from Autozone for the 97 hose, Dayco brand. E88429 and E87792. 5/8" hose aka the WP hose, goes to the bottom and the 3/4" hose, aka the Tstat hose, goes to the top. You could switch them around I guess, but this way the new hoses are plug and play.

Last edited:
Autozone shows those hose numbers to be only for 97-01.

Very true...thanks for the help! This was BY FAR the best thread on the web for this.
To anyone else reading this...here are the part numbers from Autozone for the 97 hose, Dayco brand. E88429 and E87792. 5/8" hose aka the WP hose, goes to the bottom and the 3/4" hose, aka the Tstat hose, goes to the top. You could switch them around I guess, but this way the new hoses are plug and play.

That's exactly what you want.

Nope, not for me anyway, I still use the 87 Renix closed bottle system and have two different diameters on either side of the same hose. And my 89 has the Vac operated heater valve. May more odd pieces of hose and a pipe T in the middle of the mess.

I like what 5-90 did on his, replaced 90% of it with copper tubing. I plan to do the same with stainless steel tubing and tube fittings :) from my Lab surplus.....:greensmok and I have a HD tube bender for the curves :sunshine:

Nope, not for me anyway, I still use the 87 Renix closed bottle system and have two different diameters on either side of the same hose. And my 89 has the Vac operated heater valve. May more odd pieces of hose and a pipe T in the middle of the mess.

I like what 5-90 did on his, replaced 90% of it with copper tubing. I plan to do the same with stainless steel tubing and tube fittings :) from my Lab surplus.....:greensmok and I have a HD tube bender for the curves :sunshine:
Those hoses are used when deleting the the heater control valve. They are different dia. at both ends, otherwise one could use standard bulk hose.

Those hoses are used when deleting the the heater control valve. They are different dia. at both ends, otherwise one could use standard bulk hose.

Thanks, if they are dif diameters Autozone online data specs on the parts is wrong.

Back