• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1984 Cherokee XJ Y tube search

obxxj

NAXJA Forum User
Hello All,
After a little over 300,000 miles (second engine) the Y tube part of my exhaust to the 2.8l engine has given up the ghost. The Y tube seems to be no longer available commercially. Any ideas? Cost for those ideas? Many thanks!
David

It’s not available anywhere as far as I know. Maybe NOS someplace.

I’ve heard some people used s10 or Camaro 2.8 Y pipes. The only obvious deference I saw from online pictures was those Y-pipes didn’t have the flange for bolting the catalytic converter (most shops probably welded it together if it was ever replaced). Although some swear it did have the cat flange)
I’d have to do some more research to find that thread again and see if it was the Camaro or S10 for the alternate part.
If you have a local parts house with the Chevy Y-pipes In Stock maybe you could compare them.

Only other option for the jeep Y-pipe was a exhaust kit that also is no longer in production.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found it a guy with a 84 XJ bought Napa 1984 S10 2.8 y-pipe. Someone else said their S10 Y-pipe did have the flange for the catalytic converter but he didn’t leave a part # or source.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X2 on the s10 y pipe. Flange should be attached. You may need to plug an O2 sensor bung.

Back