• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steel wheels and tires

Thekrow

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking for steel wheels and tires for my 1996 XJ. Any recommendations? I currently have Goodyear Wrangler duratrax. 265/75/16. That's about a 31x11 I think. Should I go to 15 inch wheels to save money?

ummm, you already have a 16" tire so you'll need 16" wheels.

Sorry. My tires are half worn and load range E. I'd like to get new tires. Maybe something with a load range C. I know that 16inch tires don't fit 15inch wheels. Lol. Any recommendations on wheels and tires?

There are plenty of options when it comes to 15" tires in just about any size (other than the 30/950R15). Lots of AT and MT tread designs and everything from cheap imports to high end brands.

In my experience, 15" tires are still cheaper than 16" and 17" alternatives. Also, you will be able to get them in a 4 or 6 ply light truck rating which will ride so much better.

I just chose to install a set of P235/75R15 Toyo Open Country AT II's on the 1998 Grand and some LT235/75R15 BF Goodrich AT KO2's for my 1994 Cherokee. These are DD rigs so I'm staying close to stock.

There are plenty of tire choices for 15 inch rims, and the tires are still less expensive than their larger rim cousins. I tend to buy most of my tires on-line these days.

Get some wheel adapters and JK take offs. Those measure 32s and people are removing them and selling them like hot cakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am happy with my Cragar Soft 8s (15x8 w/ 4" BS) and 33x12.5 General Grabber AT2s. $775ish for tires on Amazon and $150ish for rims at Quadratec.

I am happy with my Cragar Soft 8s (15x8 w/ 4" BS) and 33x12.5 General Grabber AT2s. $775ish for tires on Amazon and $150ish for rims at Quadratec.

that is 150 per rim? 5x150 is 750 before or after shipping? Seems like paying for a name LOL

I went up to 17 inch rim after I did the WJ knuckle swap and was concerned with how stiff sidewalls were supposed to be with them, but happily even running 25 psi, the sidewalls look great, now the weight of an E-load tire, different story..

Doubt it. I was able to get soft 8's for about $30 each at my local tire place. 15x10 with 3.75" backspacing. Typical price is still around $60 each online

Shoot that is a killer deal, guess I should have shopped around better. I would have loved to get 10 inch wide rims. Even at $60 a rim it is a good deal.

Sorry. My tires are half worn and load range E. I'd like to get new tires. Maybe something with a load range C. I know that 16inch tires don't fit 15inch wheels. Lol. Any recommendations on wheels and tires?

I currently run 265/75/16 Duratrac's but in load range "C" and love them!

My JK adapters cost about $90. My JK Moab wheels cost $120 for 5 in mint condition and $250 for Goodyear SR-As with nubs

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Back