• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Light Bar Cover, Suggestions?

Greenspan

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Been driving around with my light bar for the last few months with no problems. Then the other day I saw a guy who had light bar with a cover on it, and after looking it up it is actually illegal to drive on-road with an uncovered light bar here in CA (land of the laws), even if it is never turned on. More importantly, I've also noticed a bunch of bugs piling up on the front of the light bar.

Do you guys have any recommendations for light bar covers? I'm not a fan of the plastic clip on covers on Quadratec, seems like those wouldn't last. Quick google search turns up these guys: http://bruteforcecovers.com/products/50-inch-led-light-bar-cover-multiple-colors Which seem pretty good. Anyone have any experience with them? Any other recommendations? Thanks

The CHP still giving equipment violations for that? I was getting popped 42 years ago for my Marchals on my van! Of course, I was also probably one of the only 4wd vans on 33s in 1975.

David Bricker / SYR

I believe lifetime led sells covers. I think there is a vendor thread on pirate

The CHP still giving equipment violations for that? I was getting popped 42 years ago for my Marchals on my van! Of course, I was also probably one of the only 4wd vans on 33s in 1975.

David Bricker / SYR

I don't know if the CHP still gives violations for it. I've been driving around without a cover and haven't had any issues yet. Even if they did I suspect the worst they would do is give you a Fix-it ticket. But, I also don't like to give them an excuse to pull me over for stupid stuff like this.

Back