• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

clutch problem.....ax15

mikejones

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 94 with an ax15 .... problem, the clutch doesn't engage all the way i start it in gear and if i push the clutch down and give it gas the clutch just slips, i have a new slave cyl. master cyl. throwout, and clutch and pressure plate... i think it may be the clutch fork but i thought i would ask around on here first?

Look carefully at the clutch pedal assembly itself. The pedal has an arm parallel to the pedal shank itself, which pushes on the MC pushrod, and it's not too uncommon for the weld at the top to fail, and allow this arm to bend. When that happens, it doesn't push far enough, and because it cocks the pushrod a little to the side, it will kill the master cylinder again. I'm away from home, so I don't have the picture I took of my 95's clutch pedal, showing an unbent one, but a search on the forum might turn it up in another thread. If there's a question about what I'm talking about here, I should be able to find it later this evening.

When this happened on my son's 96, he got his brother to unbend and reweld it, and that solved the problem.

i think it may be bent bc the mc rod coming out stock would sit right next to the brake pedal but now with this new one on here it sits like an inch below it?

Something sounds odd there. I'm home again and found my picture.

Here, if Imageshack works for once, will be a picture taken from beneath. of the pedal on a 95, which is not bent. The weld at the top where the left arm attaches to the pivot is marginal, and that's what seems to fail typically. I may not be able to post much more tonight, because it seems I've sprained my wrist and typing is difficult. good luck.

95jeeppedal.jpg
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

thanks man and forsure mine looks a little bent compared to that one... i took it to tranny shop down the road and he said it might be bent too but couldnt look at it for too long cause they were closing.. i appreciate it.

Back