NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 26th, 2017, 10:08
NAXJA Forum User

Looking for a winch

Hey guys, new here but not new to forums in general. I'm looking for a winch for my 98 XJ, 4-1/2" of lift on 33's. I'll be mostly trail riding, some rocks and mud will be in the future for sure, just a little bit of everything. I found a Warn XD9000i with hand controller on a hitch mount bracket, all of it like new for $700. It would be $13-1,400 new. I'm just curious if there's something else better for that kind of coin, after digging around this seems like a lot to spend on a used winch. I have provisions on my bumper for a winch but love the idea of taking it on and off or being able to put it on the back or front for recovery purposes. I'd also have to create a way to attach a fairlead to the bumper or winch if I mounted one on the bumper. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks guys!