• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stock flares with cut fenders

Roger1

NAXJA Forum User
i do not believe that i do not have enough room for the stock brackets... i would like to use the stock flares but i do not believe i have enough room to mount them by using the original brackets...any body have some good ideas? this is what i am working with

IM003706Medium.jpg

IM003707Medium.jpg

I got some plastic blocks 1/2 inch thick. (3/8 would work) drilled / countersunk the holes and bolted them to the flare.with 2 sided 3M tape suck em where I wanted on the XJ.... they hold on at highway speeds. Mine have been on for months. I tore one off on a tree, just cleaned the tape off and stuck new tape on... No holes or bent sheetmetal.

??? Front should fit just fine. Not too sure about the rear, but you could hold them next to the jeep and see if they would fit.

I mounted my rears with double stick tape and they have been on fro a year or so with no issues. stic them on and make a cut where the door will open looks nice. If I could post pics I would show you how it looks. Check ou a thread from 53guy good write up on the front and back, You should have no prob getting the fronts on.

TJ flares. Relatively cheap, readily available, look great and provide better coverage than the stock ones.

And WTF is going on with the fence brackets on those rear flares? That looks like way more of a PITA than it'd be worth for something that looks ridiculous.

My flares are held on with drywall screws.

I have to pay my dues so I can post pics. If you PM me with your email I will send you pics of how I did the rear The fronts I bolted on with some minor mods but the rear just stick on and with a razor cut where the door gap is

I'd be interested to see them rear flares held on with the double sided tape. The front's are easy because you can use large washers and small machine bolts. The rear howlever, have that funky lip that they used to sit on top of. Is there any way to bolt onto that without going into the quarter panel?

I'd be interested to see them rear flares held on with the double sided tape. The front's are easy because you can use large washers and small machine bolts. The rear howlever, have that funky lip that they used to sit on top of. Is there any way to bolt onto that without going into the quarter panel?

I just drilled an undersized hole and used sheet metal screws with large washers, installed the screws "wet" with silocone to keep moisture out.

Or be ghetto like me and just run some self tappers through from the outside:D...I'm only running the rears right now.
IMG_2176.jpg

IMG_2257.jpg

You need some rocker protection. Don't you do a fair bit of rock crawling?

Back