• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

braking

Gunter

NAXJA Forum User
so after driving my 1987 BMW 325 with drilled rotors...i want really good breaks on everything i drive.
with quality tires that car can brake with just about anything. and my TJ always lamed out with the brakes. 4 low and it would still creep and not stop.
and i understand the science behind the larger tires needing more leverage on them for braking. what is the best set up that doesnt cost a grand???

disc brake conversion on rear.
dual diaphram booster.
well adjusted rears (drums)
ss lines.
better fluid (dot5.1 or better)

outside that you are looking at big swaps.
boostwerks has a killer BBK that's all sexy stuff.

oh yeah... my bmw has stainless flexible lines. MUCH improved pedal feel. and yes fluid is one of the MOST neglected things not maintained on autos. i am mainly interested in quality rotors and pads,and making the future 8.8 brakes work like mad.

then put some good pads on. Dual diaphram booster, and ss lines. Call it a day.
people always focus on the front, and forget the front depends on the rear.
caliper changes and such require knuckle swaps and blah blah blah for anything worthwhile

ha ha. Ya. I mean really the best brakes on a lifted mj/xj is the brick like aerodynamic properties:roflmao:

Quit filling yer brakes full of mud and they'll work fine.

:shhh:

Back