• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do on your Jeep today? Sept 2017

Skorpyo

NAXJA Member #241
NAXJA Member
Lets do a thread where people can share their efforts etc. Forum is kinda dead and yet I see there's always like 18 people viewing it...

Post a pic, or a blurb and what you did.

Motor mounts!
et778g.jpg

XJWonders made them for me along with a trans mount. Pics of the trans mount are in modded tech under my build thread better luck next time

Ordered some parts to switch my axles from u-joint yokes to flanges. Found some 26-spline D44 flanges for Toyota driveshaft, and some 1310 flanges for Toyota axles, should let me connect my 1310 driveshaft to my D44 with Toyota bits in the middle

Got new shock mounts in the mail so tonight they're going on the 8.8 along with brake line tabs. Hoping to have the 8.8 under the MJ tonight so I can take final measurements for the driveshaft order. Pics to follow...

I've had an 8.8 sitting in my basement for more than a year now. cut the old mounting hardware off it haven't gotten around to putting new mounts on it yet, and dreading trying to get brake lines on it.

I've had an 8.8 sitting in my basement for more than a year now. cut the old mounting hardware off it haven't gotten around to putting new mounts on it yet, and dreading trying to get brake lines on it.

I'm already down the road on that, using 8.8 specific lines, BUT I recently heard that you can use XJ front brake lines on an 8.8 (same caliper mount apparently) and they're longer making for easier and more mounting options.

I'm already down the road on that, using 8.8 specific lines, BUT I recently heard that you can use XJ front brake lines on an 8.8 (same caliper mount apparently) and they're longer making for easier and more mounting options.

Nice! I'll check it out thanks for the info

Finished welding on the shock mounts and brake tabs and put a quick coat of paint on it. Also bled the clutch on the MJ.

ca3383838d86a20c7b61083aee8dc9d4.jpg

More details in build thread.

Ordered my AA SYE and Tom Woods driveshaft for the MJ... last big purchase for the rebuild, should be in sometime early next week, maybe UPS will get it here by the weekend...

Also pulled the headliner out of the XJ. Time for a replacement. I just get felt from a fabric shop for this and spray glue. Way cheaper.

Its a 3 link. Lower mounts are even with the axle tubes, you can see the upper above the diff. I was checking clearances/flex before I fully burn everything else in.

Oh, ok I was just like “I don’t see no coils, coil overs, nada, whats up?”

Started stripping off the funk for a headliner replacement. Man this foam is nasty

e96ac2db66c92aed8e1968b586e63aeb.jpg

Redid my headliner recently and my windshield started leaking a week after got it wet and all the glue let out. Pretty upset about it. Good luck! I want to see some pics of it done and what kind of material you got because I think I'm going to have to redo mine again

Back