• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

drum to disc conversion.

Or, you could search "disc brake conversion", spend $100 at the salvage yard, then spend the other $420 on tires or some other goodies.

summit has the kit for $380 just do a lil searchin on there

'kits' do cost too much, but if you're gonna do it for $100 total, you're re-using old, jy parts.

i say do it yourself, for somewhere in between, XXXX the kits.
and you must specify which rear axle you have, each has its own problem(s)

both $380, and $512 are waay too much, theyre taking advantage of you're lazyness.

Or, you could search "disc brake conversion", spend $100 at the salvage yard, then spend the other $420 on tires or some other goodies.

X2
you can get it a local junk yard for cheap. I paid nothing for mine cause i got an 8.25 from them. its easy swap got it from a ZJ with a D35 but if you have a D44 you need them from a crown vic. I believe
if you search you'll find out more info on it.
Travis

I've done one junkyard brake conversion and one Crown kit. I spent a lot of time junkyard diving for crap parts. Then spent more time and money to refurbish the crap. With four kids, my time is money.
The kit was a simple bolt on affair(mine had no e-brake cables), but worked just fine with no additional work.
It all depends what you want.

All you need from the junkyard is the backing plates(park brake hardware) and caliper brackets. Buy new rotors, calipers,pads, and a parking brake hardware kit (new springs and pins--$20 from Napa) . Get your die grinder, ream the center hole out some, and bolt it up. There, you're done. You'll come in under $200, and you'll have all new parts for way less than those "kits". Yeah, you'll have to modify some sh1t, but it ain't gonna take $300-$400 extra labor.

Back