• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transmission oil pan

XJ Stryker

WHO DAT!
Ok i have searched for this an got some pretty good answers but even with that i am not having any luck. I can not get my tranny to separate from the rest of the dipstick... I finally was able to finadle the damn thing out so i could clean the tranny pan and what not but hell now i cant get the damn thing back routed through there with the dip stick on. Any suggestions. I am at a stop workage till this thing is mounted again thanks.:dunno:

Ok well i got the dipstick to finally turn in the other half using vise grips and channel locks... i was being careful not to damage it. Oh yeah alot of PB plaster. I will flush my dipstick back out to insure none of the PB gets mixed with the DEX III. But i cant seem to pull that mug out

Did you clean out all of the gunk in the dipstick holder? I had the same problem when I dropped my pan. I used a small bottle brush to clean the tube out. I replaced the o-ring as well and coated it with trans fluid. It still took a little persuasion to get it to seat.

The dipstick is held on by a single bolt on the bell housing. If you remove it, you should be able to drop the pan to the ground, then get a better grip on the dipstick tube.

I got it all figured out now just took alot of finagling. There wasnt a bolt holding the dipstick on (anymore). Guess the prior owners tossed it. I just kept PB blasting it till i was able to pull it all the way out. Found the O-ring that was holding it all up. Gonna get a new (o-ring) one and grease it up and put her all back together. I guess i will zip tie the tube to something to keep it from jumping around instead of trying to find the bolt hole and a new bolt

The bolt hole is just above the starter and goes in from the engine side. Is the bracket still on the dipstick? If so, once you drop it back in, you'll see where it lines up.

Back