• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix Power windows

90xj06

NAXJA Forum User
has anyone done a write up on fixing the power windows on a renix? mine are just slow and occasionally get stuck and need assistance. they almost dont go up unless the engine is running.

i did the relay mod on my door locks and they work great and was hoping there is something for the windows too.

The window regulators didn't change much 84-94-96?
Usually it's the regulators are gummed it.
A recent fix floating around is to remove the hose the regulator feeds into replacing it with a regular similar diameter auto hose , it seems that is where the regulators bind up,

on our 90s XJ I took the door panels apart and spray lubed the hell out of everything, including those hoses, didn't seem to do a lot. A week or two later the boys are running the windows up and down in the back to show my they fixed it by touching the window switch I told them not to touch. (Still wind up kind of slow but they don't get stuck anymore and over all are faster. )

don't know if this is any help I never found a power fix for the windows, if there is one I'd be glad to hear about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

im under the impression that it is a voltage issue similar to the door locks. ill have to see how much voltage the motors are getting.

I have found that holding the open end of the hose up and filling the hose with PB blaster and letting it stay there for hours helps a lot (that worked 10 yeras ago, and some this year). That hose holds a steel wire coil that feeds into the gear motor and the rust in the hose sticks to the wire.

Also the old window vertical SIDE guides in the window on the each side top side of the door and in the door guts go bad and bind up on the door. I used silicone on the the vertical glass guides, it helped some but when I replaced the rubber-velvet felt guide assys themselves that helped a lot.

Have not messed with the motors, gears or wiring yet, as I got mine working.

Also one of mine had a bent lower wiper on the inside of the door that was bent and I had to stress it pretty hard with tools to straighten it, It would grab the window hard when trying to raise it.

The window regulators didn't change much 84-94-96?
Usually it's the regulators are gummed it.
A recent fix floating around is to remove the hose the regulator feeds into replacing it with a regular similar diameter auto hose , it seems that is where the regulators bind up,

on our 90s XJ I took the door panels apart and spray lubed the hell out of everything, including those hoses, didn't seem to do a lot. A week or two later the boys are running the windows up and down in the back to show my they fixed it by touching the window switch I told them not to touch. (Still wind up kind of slow but they don't get stuck anymore and over all are faster. )

don't know if this is any help I never found a power fix for the windows, if there is one I'd be glad to hear about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ironically the window that im now having issues with is the one that i replaced the rubber-velvet seal in. the windows rocks forward and backwards and seems to bind on itself. it has some adjustment to it but its wiggly or more wiggly. i will probably dive into this next week. im going to try and finish all my interior frills.

Back