• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

As Follow Up To My Previous Thread ...

Mighty.Mighty_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
... I decided to swap the brand new HD rad from my '94 (bad engine) into the '99. That option hadn't occurred to me before. But I've been struggling with the tranny cooler line fitting on the '99 since yesterday. Yes, I have the tools, no, it's not budging. Any words of wisdom to get this damn thing off? :gonnablow . Will it hurt anything to cut the line from the radiator and then work it off afterwards?

previous thread

You can splice with rubber hose. Leave as much of the hard line along the oil pan as possible. For the radiator side you only need to keep a couple of inches past the elbow. Then buy some oil-safe hose and some clamps. Been running that way on mine for years.

Which fitting is it, upper or lower? The upper is a flared fitting and the lower is a quick release!

Eric, forgive my ignorance. Do you mean cut the tranny line before the fitting then splice it? Will heater hose type clamps securely hold rubber-to-rubber? Since the radiator line is so tiny, then I'll have to use skinnier line, right? This is OK?

If you mean on the trans itself, parts stores have replacement fittings. I personally did the conversion an fittings

Back