• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1999 Dorman clock spring part number

gba88

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 99 WITH cruise control, and I'm trying to find the dorman part number for a replacement. Amazon keeps turning up 525-118, but that's the non cruise control version. I found a post with the mopar numbers, but no way am I spending 200 for that. Does anyone know the Dorman CC version number or have a link to a compatible spring on amazon? Thanks if anyone knows!

I cant help with the part number. But I have a used OEM one with cruise that I would sell if you want it...pm me if interested.

The Amazon fitment charts are done by Idiots and often the example pictures are wrong as well. RockAuto.com has correct fitment charts and correct pictures. TJ Wranglers and XJ Cherokee share the same clockspring, so a 525-109 should fit.

The Amazon fitment charts are done by Idiots and often the example pictures are wrong as well. RockAuto.com has correct fitment charts and correct pictures. TJ Wranglers and XJ Cherokee share the same clockspring, so a 525-109 should fit.

Thanks for the confirmation! Yeah, I know about the amazon charts, but feel better hearing confirmation from someone here on the site :)

FYI...... I installed Dorman 525-109 in a 1998 XJ w/cruise. The part is an exact match to the original, everything worked no issues.

I know this is reviving an old post but I have some relevant information to share. I installed the same one last summer (525-109) and had a "recall alert" in my email from Amazon this morning. I'm at work so I don't have the message but the long and short of it was that some of these that were manufactured between Jan 2016 and Oct 2016 may not have had the coil "centered" and they may tear.

They said that Dorman would be starting the recall in December. I guess only way to tell is going to be to pull the damn airbag again and look for a date or code on it. That's gonna suck, I really don't want to pull that stuff apart again. The whole time, I felt like handling the airbag was like handling a bomb ready to go off. I disconnected the batt for 30 minutes prior, but just handling the thing I was sweating bullets!

Really though, I'd think if mine was one that was messed up, it would have torn by now and triggered the airbag light again.

Last edited:
Back