• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2.5 4 cylinder parts-alum valve cover, alternator bracket

BIGSLVRXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,

I'm helping one of my friends swap in a 4.0 (acquired from CHZMAN) where his 2.5 used to be so I have the entire 2.5 motor, AX4 (2wd), and associated wiring and accessories. If anyone can use any of this stuff it will be cheap. Some of the items I can think of that are worth listing.

-Alternator bracket-allows you to move alternator up on 4.0-$20 shipped
-Aluminum 2.5 valve cover-replaces the factory plastic ones-$50 shipped
-Throttle body w/sensors-$15 shipped
-Coolant recovery tank-sandwiches between airbox and fender-$15 shipped

Almost anything else you can think of related to the items listed above.

Please pm or reply with questions.

Thanks,
Collin

Last edited:
I'm interested in the alternator bracket. Will this work on the HO 4.0s? Any articles out there on this particular mod? I've seen stuff on the Renix but it seems most of the stuff for moving it on the HO models requires some grinding.

Just wanna know what I'd be buying.

I'm interested in the alternator bracket. Will this work on the HO 4.0s? Any articles out there on this particular mod? I've seen stuff on the Renix but it seems most of the stuff for moving it on the HO models requires some grinding.

Just wanna know what I'd be buying.

Hey Josh,

This is for with the Renix style alternator. I'm not sure if it would work with a newer one or not but it's probably quite different. I can take a pic if it would help.

Let me know man,
Collin

What year is this out of?

JIM.

Hey Josh,

This is for with the Renix style alternator. I'm not sure if it would work with a newer one or not but it's probably quite different. I can take a pic if it would help.

Let me know man,
Collin
Dude, I have no idea what to look for.

If anybody can post up before I get elbow deep in mod tech...please.

Dude, I have no idea what to look for.

If anybody can post up before I get elbow deep in mod tech...please.

Josh or anyone else interested...here's a picture of what it looked like on the 2.5.

IMG_20120703_102335.jpg

I don't have a write up handy, but I know this will bolt to a 4.0 and allow a Renix alternator to bolt to it.

Is the alternator bracket the "in place of ac" bracket? Or is it the Ac bracket? If it is the AC bracket, then it will work in a Renix, but you still need to either buy an adapter plate, or make one. The reason being, the Renix compressor uses 2 through bolts attached through the bracket and compressor front to back, the newer compressors use 4 bolts top down. Just found out this issue trying to do the alternator relocation on my XJ build... If it is the "in place of ac" bracket, then I got nothing lol. Best of luck,

Paint

Is the alternator bracket the "in place of ac" bracket? Or is it the Ac bracket? If it is the AC bracket, then it will work in a Renix, but you still need to either buy an adapter plate, or make one. The reason being, the Renix compressor uses 2 through bolts attached through the bracket and compressor front to back, the newer compressors use 4 bolts top down. Just found out this issue trying to do the alternator relocation on my XJ build... If it is the "in place of ac" bracket, then I got nothing lol. Best of luck,

Paint
I'm well aware of all this. It replaces the A/C bracket as in...it deletes the A/C and moves the alternator in it's place. For a rig with a failing compressor, no doors, or whatever other reason you might want to delete your A/C, this is for you.

Is it TBI or MPI?

JIM.

I'm well aware of all this. It replaces the A/C bracket as in...it deletes the A/C and moves the alternator in it's place. For a rig with a failing compressor, no doors, or whatever other reason you might want to delete your A/C, this is for you.

So this description fits me. My A/C has all been torn out and all I have is the compressor sitting there. I just want to make sure that this fits an HO block?

Sorry for all the confusion, I'm just not very literate on all the different stuff with these compressor fitments with the different blocks.

So this description fits me. My A/C has all been torn out and all I have is the compressor sitting there. I just want to make sure that this fits an HO block?

Sorry for all the confusion, I'm just not very literate on all the different stuff with these compressor fitments with the different blocks.
This will definitely fit an HO block, I just don't know how much work it will take for it to fit an HO compressor. The mounting holes stayed the same 87-01 for the compressor brackets in the block.

PM sent.

JIM.
Hey Jim,

I'm sorry I didn't get the thread updated sooner, I actually sold the engine locally so the throttle body is gone.

The things I have left are...
-Alternator bracket
-Entire wiring harness and ECU
-Radiator
-Clutch and brake pedals

I will try to do better at updating as it sells.

Thanks,
Collin

Hey Jim,

I'm sorry I didn't get the thread updated sooner, I actually sold the engine locally so the throttle body is gone.

The things I have left are...
-Alternator bracket
-Entire wiring harness and ECU
-Radiator
-Clutch and brake pedals

I will try to do better at updating as it sells.

Thanks,
Collin

No big deal. Just thought it would be nice to have the parts around if he ever needed them.

JIM.

Back