• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rolled my jeep now what

rockjock

NAXJA Forum User
It is coming on winter here in the great state of indiana. The jeep is still covered with a tarp and sitting in my driveway. I'm looking for ideas and pictures of what I should do with it. I have too much money in it to sell it. And I really love my family truckster. Any help or pictures would help. I'm leaning toward cutting the back half off and putting in a cage. what do you guys think.

Scott
Lafayette Indiana

rockjock said:
I'm leaning toward cutting the back half off and putting in a cage. what do you guys think.

If you rig isn't too damaged you could try this. I like these pics and have wanted to see this mod in daylight for a long time.

xj0177.jpg

xj0175.jpg

xj0171.jpg

any one have pics of this being done? Are there any support steel in the pillars. I once did this to a bronco II and the C pillar had heavy gauge steel through them. Am I going to run into anything like that?

Scott

Go nuts and add a MJ tail gate AND cut down bed too. With a lifting rear window into the bed. That would make it a XJMJcharo thing. To much maybe?

Last edited:
badron said:
Go nuts and add a MJ tail gate AND cut down bed too. With a lifting rear window into the bed. That would make it a XJMJcharo thing. To much maybe?

That's actually where mine's headed. :)

after1.JPG

No plans to close it in though. I wanted to leave it open from the start; although I'll probably make a soft top of sorts to cover everything.

Wow with it chopped like that it kinda remindes me of the military humvee mount a 30cal on top and go rabbitt hunting. Looks very cool tho

rockjock said:
It is coming on winter here in the great state of indiana. The jeep is still covered with a tarp and sitting in my driveway. I'm looking for ideas and pictures of what I should do with it. I have too much money in it to sell it. And I really love my family truckster. Any help or pictures would help. I'm leaning toward cutting the back half off and putting in a cage. what do you guys think.

Scott
Lafayette Indiana

well let's see a pic of what you're working with.

Check out this chop job with an exoskeleton
272444189_21a3fda255.jpg

272444193_643795db24.jpg

Back