• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

other rigs...

BillR

Toy Jeep driver!
What would happen, hypothetical of course, :laugh3: if a member were to show up to CO Fest in...a TJ? :gag: Would said member be allowed to wheel with the group, or would they need to bum a ride from an XJer and leave their "lesser" Jeep in camp? :)
Led, Troy, Tom, what's the "official" position?
TIA!

BillR said:
What would happen, hypothetical of course, :laugh3: if a member were to show up to CO Fest in...a TJ? :gag: Would said member be allowed to wheel with the group, or would they need to bum a ride from an XJer and leave their "lesser" Jeep in camp? :)
Led, Troy, Tom, what's the "official" position?
TIA!
Any rig is welcome but the owner better have thick skin cause they will be made fun of.God forbid they get stuck or break down... it won't be pretty. :D

Led said:
Any rig is welcome but the owner better have thick skin cause they will be made fun of.God forbid they get stuck or break down... it won't be pretty. :D
I wouldn't expect anything less... :laugh3:
Obviously the rig would conform to all NAXJA requirements. (tow points, first aid, strap, etc.)

I think the minimum fine would be a around of beers. Heck, Grant showed up with his Rover last year.

A TJ is ok.Hell a buddy of mine and Led's might even bring his Cummins turbo diesel powered '79 scout.I doubt anything is as bad as last year when Grant showed up in his Land Rover Disco :laugh2:

edit:Tom beat me to it.

planefixer said:
A TJ is ok.Hell a buddy of mine and Led's might even bring his Cummins turbo diesel powered '79 scout.I doubt anything is as bad as last year when Grant showed up in his Land Rover Disco :laugh2:

Jeezus, a Cummins in a Scout? Why? That thing's gotta be friggin' nose-heavy huh? Lots of frame and suspensions mods I'd imagine. He gets to be the tailgunner on the trails...... no black smoke clouds for me thank you very much.

BillR, you know we're all gonna send you home after the event wishing you'd never traded that awesome XJ you had for the TJ right? :laugh3:

YELLAHEEP said:
Jeezus, a Cummins in a Scout? Why? That thing's gotta be friggin' nose-heavy huh? Lots of frame and suspensions mods I'd imagine. He gets to be the tailgunner on the trails...... no black smoke clouds for me thank you very much.

Its a pretty clean install and doesn't smoke too bad but its loud as hell.Its rolling on 35" MTRs,ARB equipped 44s front & rear(for now),sprung over,Fox remote resevoir shocks,and some other stuff.The guy owns a performance diesel shop---go figure.He also has an '89 XJ that is moderately built.

YELLAHEEP said:
BillR, you know we're all gonna send you home after the event wishing you'd never traded that awesome XJ you had for the TJ right? :laugh3:
Yeah, I'm sure I'm gonna catch alot of crap for the swap! :laugh3:
I'll have my son w/me for the trip, so the extra room of an XJ would be nice.

planefixer said:
Joey will be there in his Unlimited and I think another friend might be there in his TJ.
Cool. I won't have the only ToyJeep... :laugh3:
I won't be doing anything real tough though. I gotta drive this thing from AZ to Denver and back home. After 14 hours in the Jeep, I KNOW I'm gonna wish I still had the XJ and it's WB. :rattle:

A d44f under a cummins??? :eek:

Jeeps are jeeps, they all have one thing in common the second letter of the acronym is a "J" XJ, CJ, YJ, TJ That and you're out to have fun with friends. Run what ya brung.

planefixer said:

edit:Tom beat me to it.

Hey now, that Landy made it to places that XJ's did not. I believe even a Titan could not make that trail. :laugh3:

Don't make me bring it down there this year and embarrass you Jeep guys.

I will attempt to get down there for Friday night and Saturday's fun, but Carol and I are going to the Rally of Finland as guests of Subaru North America, and we only get back a few days before. If I can make time I will be there.

Grant

Grant said:
Hey now, that Landy made it to places that XJ's did not. I believe even a Titan could not make that trail. :laugh3:

Don't make me bring it down there this year and embarrass you Jeep guys.

I will attempt to get down there for Friday night and Saturday's fun, but Carol and I are going to the Rally of Finland as guests of Subaru North America, and we only get back a few days before. If I can make time I will be there.

Grant

Ahhh,Speedracer finally chimes in :laugh3: Hope to see you there Grant :cheers:

Good to see you are lurking out there Grant. You know for all the years we've know each other, we have never wheeled together. Hope I can get my rig together by then.

Hope to see you there Grant....at least it will be after the Holy Cross trip, hope we can find it...lol.

Back