• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rolled the jeep (pics inside)

Factor

NAXJA Forum User
I was a passenger in a friends Jeep. We rolled it going 55mph on a dirt road. The entire underside is fine and we believe it is still drivable.

2.jpg

31.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

dammiiiiiiittttt

DrMoab said:
Anybody hurt? I see someone laying in the weeds.

Yea our buddy ripped apart 90% of his tendons in his right hand. Minor concussions for a couple guys. I got a tiny tiny cut. We got airlifted too. Fire Department couldn't get to us in a reasonable amount of time.

love my cage, love my cage, love my cage

:thanksURF:

Let this be a lesson. If you are going to be bombing down the fire roads, make sure you have decent cage, restraints and tie everything loose down inside the cab.

glad noone was seriously hurt.
SeanP

We rolled 1.25 times or so. I think 2.25 but who knows. We rolled due to a combo of things. The driver driving too fast. Hopefully he has realized a jeep isn't a rally car. Also, we started fishtailing and the driver over compensated. 2 33''s came off their beads and we rolled sideways. The pre-runner bumper dug into the ground and held up fine, same with the unibody and everything. Pretty amazing.

Factor said:
We rolled 1.25 times or so. I think 2.25 but who knows. We rolled due to a combo of things. The driver driving too fast. Hopefully he has realized a jeep isn't a rally car. Also, we started fishtailing and the driver over compensated. 2 33''s came off their beads and we rolled sideways. The pre-runner bumper dug into the ground and held up fine, same with the unibody and everything. Pretty amazing.

Glad no one died, hope you were belted in?

An XJ is easily made a rally car, properly prepped and operated by a skilled driver. Were the tires aired down? If not then I'll bet they came off the bead due to the roll, not before.

XJEEPER said:
Glad no one died, hope you were belted in?

An XJ is easily made a rally car, properly prepped and operated by a skilled driver. Were the tires aired down? If not then I'll bet they came off the bead due to the roll, not before.

Yea what I meant to say was his vehicle is not a rally car. hehe. Not sure if the tires were aired down although them coming off the bead after the roll is very possible. And yes we all had our seatbelts in. Me being in the middle had that lame waist belt. Yet I was the least hurt out of the group.

Sarge said:
Gonna hurt even more when the chopper ride bill comes in.

Sarge

Yea when the helo landed I asked them if we were going to have to pay for it and he said "You guys are lucky, it's free".

Factor said:
Yea what I meant to say was his vehicle is not a rally car. hehe. Not sure if the tires were aired down although them coming off the bead after the roll is very possible. And yes we all had our seatbelts in. Me being in the middle had that lame waist belt. Yet I was the least hurt out of the group.

Its amazing how much cushioning your friends on either side give ya.............glad to see all you guys weatherd the storm

Factor said:
Yea when the helo landed I asked them if we were going to have to pay for it and he said "You guys are lucky, it's free".
SWEET!!! im gonna have to go roll the sh*t out of my jeep so i can get a ride in one then!!!

And yes we all had our seatbelts in. Me being in the middle had that lame waist belt. Yet I was the least hurt out of the group.

You had the "best seat in the house" for the roll then from the way that roof buckled. You could just stick your head between your legs when it went over, didn't even need to kiss your @$$ goodbye either :laugh3: Glad too see the injuries weren't life threatening for any of you.

Last edited:
bjoehandley said:
You had the "best seat in the house" for the roll then from the way that roof buckled. You could just stick your head between your legs when it went over, didn't even need to kiss your @$$ goodbye either :laugh3: Glad too see the injuries weren't life threatening for any of you.

hahahaha... that's exactly what I did. Both guys on either side weren't fat but they provided ample cushioning and I pretty much bent down in my seat and everything revolved around me.

Back