• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mystery Oil

bacelaw

NAXJA Forum User
Just wanted to pass this along, i know there's been a lot of threads on lifter noise and general engine noise.

My '96 was sounding like a giant diesel truck, rough idle, lifter ticking, etc...at 115k i thought these noises were a bit premature.

anyways...

I changed my oil three days ago and added a quart of Mystery Oil...after maybe 20mi. of driving, the engine idles smoother, no lifter noise whatsoever.

Great stuff...

Im changing mine every 2 mths with the Supertech cheap stuff from Wallyworld, and so far, the engine is happy. Yes, every 2 months. Its only $9 for a full swap, that includes filter and all. I figure its cheap insurance for a high milage (141K) engine. Also Im using the high milage mix of oil, dont know if its worth the extra $1 (or so, for 6 qts), but it does seam to do a little better.

Marvel Mystery Oil is one of the few additives that really does work. It's been around for ages.

Back