NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old November 14th, 2017, 15:34
NAXJA Forum User

Re: XJsportG's "How'd I get here" build

Entertaining thread. I will be following down your path shortly. Starting to plan the axle parts gathering, build them, and throw them under and weld them in. I'll have to add steering assist and take care of brakes but I will be closely watching this.

I am looking for a pre super duty dana 60 axle with Ball joints to keep the maintenance simple. The rear axle is still a question mark!
Old November 14th, 2017, 17:33
SouthEast #4328 (RVA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exxon Valdez Jeep View Post
If you do any kind of high steer, you'll want to raise the trac bar mount on the TnT truss. Nice stuff, keep it up!
That's plan. I figure I would do the OTK mount to start and go to a High-Steer mount if needed, which I probably will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyopp View Post
so what are you thinking with the dana 30 your taking out?

I could be interested if your going to sell it -- I'm in Jersey, driving down to get it wouldn't be unrealistic
Currently, I have a friend lined up to but the housing and gears. I am going to be keeping the Reids and outers for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themauler View Post
Entertaining thread. I will be following down your path shortly. Starting to plan the axle parts gathering, build them, and throw them under and weld them in. I'll have to add steering assist and take care of brakes but I will be closely watching this.

I am looking for a pre super duty dana 60 axle with Ball joints to keep the maintenance simple. The rear axle is still a question mark!
Thanks, the BJ 60 would be a good axle, only downside I think there is limited options for aftermarket knuckles. I have a PSC steering box and hydro assist kit that'll go in once I get the axle in.

If I could do the rear axle again, I may have gone with a Dana 60 from a E350 with disc brakes. The spindles would fit the 35 spline shaft so you don't have bore them out.

RVA
Old November 14th, 2017, 20:43
NAXJA Forum User

XJsportG's "How'd I get here" build

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJsportG View Post
Thanks, the BJ 60 would be a good axle, only downside I think there is limited options for aftermarket knuckles. I have a PSC steering box and hydro assist kit that'll go in once I get the axle in.

If I could do the rear axle again, I may have gone with a Dana 60 from a E350 with disc brakes. The spindles would fit the 35 spline shaft so you don't have bore them out.

4wheelsupply here in VA will machine and install a hi steer arm on your knuckle for under $200 I believe. They look beef. I am aware those knuckles arenít the strongest but there are kits with a little bit of welding you can make them beef for cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old November 15th, 2017, 09:12
SouthEast #4328 (RVA)

Not a bad deal when you can get the BJ 60s a bit cheaper.

Hindsight 20/20 I may have gone with a 05+ Superduty 60 if it was the right price.

RVA
Old November 17th, 2017, 08:26
NAXJA Member

Looks like a good list, and good start!