• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brown Dog/Aftermakret motor and tranny mounts

xCWolf

Bring the Boom
NAXJA Member
I'm putting together a BUNCH of parts to fix all the worn suspension and rubbery bits. I need motor mounts and am going long arm and will have the tranny dropped so plan to change the tranny mount while I'm there too. My plan was to go brown dog all around but I can't seem to find the tranny mounts for them. I could have SWORN they made transmission mounts but I can't find them on the website. I want to use all the same brand for motor and trans mounts. Any suggestions on mounts that are high quality and all the same brand?

The SFR trans mount doesn't seem to add any vibes over the stock ones.

The SFR motor mounts do, but his custom poly compound is just about on par with the factory rubber - its just more tightly packaged, so has more vibe. Still better than anything else out there.

I'm very happy with my sfr motor mounts and brackets.
Strait forward install and peace of mind knowing that my engine is right where it should be. My el cheapo part store replacment lasted to years on the driver's side before the tube ripped clean through the rubber leaving the motor to flop about and crack my manifold. Not letting that happen with a 400 header. Highly recommended.

I also want the car to be relatively quiet inside when I'm DDing it so I'm thinking Brown Dog rubber motor mounts and stock trans mount since it's pretty simple to swap, unless someone has a better idea for a trans mount that will do well offroad and give a comfy/quieter ride

I have rubber brown dogs and stock trannysz mount. I'm happy with it. Not much izn the way of vibes. The stock trany mounts do wear out when wheeled hard but they are cheep and easy to replace. Unless you are racing or compeating then maybe a "bomb proof" design might be the go. I could not find a rubber bomb proof trany movie mount only polyurethane, this also pushed me toward the stock option

Last edited:
Back