• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Connectors for what???

SuperRoo

NAXJA Forum User
I had the passenger kick panel out today and found this connector hanging down there. Anyone know what it is for?

15042007023.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v698/SuperRoo/15042007024.jpg

15042007024.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v698/SuperRoo/15042007023.jpg

Last edited:
If it is a 2 prong connector it is for the courtesy lights. that were not part of the option on your XJ. It looks like 2 wires and a 6 prong plug though?

i heard it was a rare option in the UK

no?:dunce:

I had that lower knee panel off of the MJ last week. There were all sorts of dangling unplugged connectors. :dunno:

lawsoncl said:
Power window connector? Colors would be violet-tan, brown, and orange.
Not power windows as i've already got them. The 3 wire colours are black/white stripe, grey, red going into a white female plug.

As i've got a Laredo, most things I'm aware of were standard, except for leather seats -for which I retrofitted soon after. Was there an option for heated seats? This plug has me stumped!

I have an 88 Laredo. There are all kinds of plugs under there. The relays for the Keyless entry are down there as well. I'll pull my kickpanel off later today and snap a pic for you if the mystery is not solved by then.

Power antenna maybe? The black-tan stripe looks like it would be for the dome lights. Just guessing at this point. I might go pull that panel off my 89 MJ and see whats hiding there.

I don't see any connector with those color combos. My 88 has Power windows, door locks and mirrors with keyless entry. There's another connector not in view that goes to my lower dash speaker but has only 2 wires.

rskickpanel_0126Small.jpg

Hey, you've got a couple of blue relays which I don't have, that's unfair:cry:

Just a thought, that connector wouldn't be tucked in under the dash would it?

Mine seems to be coming down from the dash area - I was wondering if it could have something to do with the overhead console, which I do NOT have...(yet)

Don't have the overhead console. The blue relays are for the keyless entry. I'll take another look further up.

Well, I'm leaning to Lawsoncl and the pwr antenna. However, mine are different colors and match the FSM.

pwr_ant.jpg

I did find the connector tucked up on top of the lower dash. Mine had a gray connector. It was the only empty one up there.

lawsoncl said:
Power antenna maybe? The black-tan stripe looks like it would be for the dome lights. Just guessing at this point. I might go pull that panel off my 89 MJ and see whats hiding there.
Wasn't the power antemna standard, and if so, wouldn't it already be connected up? (sorry for sounding naive). Unfortunately the antenna on mine has been broken since I've owned the jeep and I just listen to cd's, just haven't tried replacing it yet.

Back