• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Changed trans mount but......

asatxj

NAXJA Forum User
Finally changed the trans mount boy that was junked! The improvement is great, my xcase shifting problem is gone now! :party:
But..... I stripped one of the nuts inside the rail when reinstalling the xmember. I can think of 2 choices
1. cut a hole in rail, put wrench on nut tighten, reweld hole
2. use a BIG tek screw (called a Tek 5 for attaching finish panels to steel I beams in construction.) for additional security. About same size as stud I stripped.
Opinions?

We have a tool at work that compresses a threaded piece into a predrilled hole. Works real nice. I forget the name of the tool but we have 3 different brands out there. It almost works like a rivet gun. One is called a Nutsert and the other I think is Gripsert. You put the threaded insert on the end of the tool and insert it into the drilled hole. Squeeze the handle real good a time or two, remove the tool, and you have an instant threaded hole.

I'll check it out. Hopefully I can get the old one out with a little friendly persuasion.

Hey, check with your brother !! Didn't I tell you I have the drill,tap, and the 1/2-20 NF bolt and lock washer to fix that last Friday?

red922dr said:
Hey, check with your brother !! Didn't I tell you I have the drill,tap, and the 1/2-20 NF bolt and lock washer to fix that last Friday?
Post went up before the big shindig!!! So bring it at the next gathering!!

Back