• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

low beams stopped working

XgeekstarX

NAXJA Forum User
was driving last night and turned on my high beams to read a sign, when i went to turn off the high beams i had no headlights at all. checked all the fuses and relays and everything. i'm leaning towards a possible dimmer switch problem, but wanted to know of anything else it might be. any help would be much appreciated.

I had this happen on my 92. Before I tried anything else, I swapped the headlights with some spares. Problem solved. I don't know why they both went at the same time. Spares have been in for 1 1/2 years with no problems. Check the easy stuff first. JIM.

There's also a connector between the airbox and the fender that is known for causing problems. I've jumpered 3 leads on my 94 there.

It's easy to miss having one light out until the other goes out too, then blam, you're in the dark. A test lamp should answer the questions quickly enough. That airbox connector is a definite suspect especially in pre-97 models. On my 99 I also had the pins of the headlights themselves corrode off and had to replace both the bulbs and the connectors there.

i had put in silverstars a few months back so the bulbs are pretty new. they worked fine up until i had to switch my highs off. if i do that thing where you hold the switch back you can see that the lowbeam elements still work. i'll poke around with it when i get home i suppose.

Back