• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

quick question are the dana 30 front ends from 97 and newer xj and tj's the same

isaacson

NAXJA Forum User
quick question are the dana 30 front ends from 97 and newer xj and tj's the same. I need to either replace my LCA mount on my 99 xj (bent it to no return) or swap out the front end. I figured if I could use either the search would go faster.

thanks

isaacson said:
quick question are the dana 30 front ends from 97 and newer xj and tj's the same. I need to either replace my LCA mount on my 99 xj (bent it to no return) or swap out the front end. I figured if I could use either the search would go faster.

thanks
Check with rubicon express, we just replaced the LCAs on a Rubicon the other day that were fubar'ed, they were cheap and much beefier than the stock ones. Any good welding shop or garage can replace them if thats not your thing.

if they are both low pinion yes. im not sure about high vs. low...

All the TJs are low pinion. The XJ did not start using low pinions until 2000.

Back