• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A/c isnt cycling and electric cooling isnt working

B

brianb2247

this is on my 93 cherokee sport inline six ,auto tranny I am not getting current to the relays that operate these components
things i know is
freon charge is 2.42 lbs
fan turns on when signal is sent through the relay on the passenger fender
a/c clutches when signal is sent through the relay which goes through the low pressure then to the compressor

any ideas:dunno:

I had a similar problem in my 99, I finally, after a week, traced it to fuse 11 at the fuse block inside the kick panel. Im not sure where the fuse block is on yours.
I think your jeep is OBDII IIRC.
I will go look at mine again to make sure im tellingyou correct info.

langer1 said:
It's too cooled out for AC ?
you mean cold? no its never too cold for the a/c clutch to kick in....the reason defrosters work better when the a/c works, is because the evaporator removes moisture from the interoir of the vehicle....

Just went through that on my 95. Turned out to be a 15 amp fuse in the Power Distribution Block under the hood. It is the third fuse from the left in the row closest to the passenger side fender.I think it was Fuse Number 15. Fuse Number 11 is for the Fog Lights!

Back