• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RENIX plug wires?

MoFo

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
I am looking for a very good set of plug wires. I was hoping to get a set of the Mopar Performance wires, but can't find a part number for the RENIX era engine. I found the 1991+ MP part number here and other places online, but nothing for the RENIX.

Can somebody give me a MP part number for RENIX wires?

Why won't the 1991+ wires won't work on a RENIX engine?

I have executed many searches here and on other forums, as well as called 2 stealerships. What do you RENIX guys use?

I don't see any reason that the '91+ wires won't work-- the Renix era had them routed a little differently, but they should function fine on one. You may not get "perfect" fit (length wise) from them, but they'll definitely reach the plugs.

I use cheap-a** wires I grab on sale from anywhere they are on sale.

These aren't 13.0:1 high-compression race engines with MSD/Accel racing ignitions firing exotic fuels.

Save yourself some money and buy more fuel for offroading.

X2^

I'll use just about any wire that doesn't look like it's gonna self-destruct. I tend to replace them every two years- needed or not. I like the comfort of knowing the insulation is "up to the task" of keeping the moisture out and the electricity in. (a couple hurricanes each year coupled with a few nor'easters will keep you on your toes when the calls start coming in for water recovery)

I always buy the good Belden brand wires at NAPA. The cost difference is minimal compared to cheap wires, but the quality is night and day, plus they have a lifetime warranty.

I always buy the good Belden brand wires at NAPA. The cost difference is minimal compared to cheap wires, but the quality is night and day, plus they have a lifetime warranty.

I believe that's what's on her right now-- definitely no complaints with them!

P.S. to edit the "as long as they don't look like they'll self-destruct"-- they've still gotta be a quality product (not the "cheapie lifetime wires" that are sold as a price-point to
get you into the store...

Parts houses usually stock more than one level of "quality". I usually go with the one better than basic. I'm not gonna spend more money than I have to, even though I'm incredibly wealthy.

I've never had "premium, best or high performance" plug wires significantly change any one my vehicles performance, ever.

That is the marketing tool that cracks me up. Lifetime warranty on scheduled maintenance items. No different than a lifetime warranty on engine oil--makes no sense at all. Must be an East coast thing!

Last edited:
I don't want wires that come in 1 or 2 lengths, where I end up with wire strewn all over the engine bay. I also want good quality wire and connectors. I am not picky about the brand.

The last time I bought plug wires for my 4.0l HO, the Mopar Performance wires were cheaper than the standard duty wires.

That is the marketing tool that cracks me up. Lifetime warranty on scheduled maintenance items. No different than a lifetime warranty on engine oil--makes no sense at all. Must be an East coast thing!

Well my local NAPA has warranty-ed the wires on my 96 twice.Unlike the shocks by Skyjacker.

Wayne

I run the FirePower plug wires on all of the XJ's, they are made by Taylor as far as I know, but the fitment is perfect and the wires are numbered 1-6.

Here is how they look in my 90 XJ;

P1010507.jpg

Back