• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my new $800 cherokee crawler project *shwing*

disxjer

NAXJA Forum User
bought this 93 cherokee with the h.o. with 170000 for 800 bucks
it ganna have a slavage title but all that happened was the lower control arm bracket is bent on the d30 (but screw d30s). The darn things got 12 speackers in it and a 12inch sub !crazy!. PIcked it up drove it around with a bent bracket for a day doin burn out a dounuts and the i went to work.

here it is so far i am a month it to it and am workin on it when i can. i work at anything scout and going to school so i dont have that much time but it comin along. 38 by 16 by 15

Image016.jpg
rear end done- 6.5 rough country springs 3inch block, revolver shackles, 5.13s, helle arched carrier. wating till i brack 29 spline shaft so i can go 35 with a spool.

Image022.jpg

new a.a. sye 32spline output shaft in.

Image023.jpg

all put back together.

Last edited:
d 44 front out of a full size cherokee
took everything off even the c on the axle tubes
turn the knuckles
running scout flap top knuckles and with hysteer
scout hubs, spindles, outer shafts
scout shafts are 29 while jeeps are 19 spline
blue torch bling bling cover
5.13s and lock right
front axle shoud be done this week

runnin 44o44 up front 15 inch travel shocks and square d shaft

soon to come hydro assist tera low 4.1

29 spline ford 9"?

surely you mean 28?

Nice that you're able to build up an XJ, you have some good stuff as a basic platform.

The 3" blocks and Revolver shackles are more than questionable, they are just plain lousy. Your springs will have a short life, and likely so will your rear pinion yoke and u-joint.

I assume you're running Spicer shafts in the D44.......won't hold up long to 38's with any serious wheeling. Niether will the 28 spline rear shafts. Hope your wheeling buds don't mind the risk. If you're welding the carrier anyway, why not just get a 35 spline spool and some decent shafts? Not very expensive, as far as modifications go, and then you'd be set rather than an almost sure break.

Have fun,

Yea I Plan On Going Chromoly In The Front And Putting 35 Spline Shafts And Spool In The Rear. Yea Im Just Ganna Have To See About The Rear Spring Stuff. I Was Thinkin About 63in. Chevys In The Rear.
I Am Just Tryin To Get The Major Stuff Down Now. But For Sure Soon 35 Spline And Spool. Alloy Fronts.

disxjer said:
Yea I Plan On Going Chromoly In The Front And Putting 35 Spline Shafts And Spool In The Rear. Yea Im Just Ganna Have To See About The Rear Spring Stuff. I Was Thinkin About 63in. Chevys In The Rear.
I Am Just Tryin To Get The Major Stuff Down Now. But For Sure Soon 35 Spline And Spool. Alloy Fronts.

That is a good plan...

About the 63" Chebbys though. Out of curiosity, why? You can make your own pack in the rear and they will perform quite well. Unless your looking for wheelbase or ridiculous flex, maybe something to consider.

I like the longer leaves, but one issue with 63" leaves will be the shackles in the rear, the 63" springs will be real long in the back. You'd just have to figure something out, and use a boomerang shackle. I run 57" long MJ leaves, and I wouldn't want my springs any longer in the rear. You'll also need a traction bar. There are plenty of good setups, search around and you'll find some.

ya im just ganna have to work all the bugs out of it. have more pics this week. maybe even sling the complete front end this weekend. well see

disxjer said:
I Was Thinkin About 63in. Chevys In The Rear.

Sweet, updated my signature!

Capt. Nemo said:
You forgot the 42's on black rockcrawlers. Schweetness!

stand by.......done.

Back