• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Window regulators?

Talyn

NAXJA Forum User
I would go with ACD vs Dorman, personally. No local JY have doors or win regs on the cheap?

That is my thinking. The ACD does look to be of a different design, if the images I see of it on ebay, amazon and rock auto are to be believed.

The local JYs are nearly 100% useless. They usually have nothing, as is the case here and as is the case when I need most else. Engines, transfer cases, misc small parts, etc. The last time they actually had anything I needed was a front drive shaft 3 years ago. I did try a 2 used regulator off ebay, but same problem... the cable is worn at the top of the travel.

dorman is decent, chrycos all have regulator problems for some reason i think it has more to do with the design than the parts. I sell a ton of dorman regulators at work and the majority of the ones that come back are from chrysler products.

Avoid dorman-anything. I installed Delco regulators two years ago on both front windows, and they work flawlessly. You get what you pay for.

I did try a 2 used regulator off ebay, but same problem... the cable is worn at the top of the travel.
I wander if the cable can be turned around like the manual ones. I just did this on my manual cable. Upper part unscrews from cable, then it just screws onto other end. Manual regulator and cable is non existent when I looked atleast you have an option for new.

ACDelco has been moving production to China and quality has become very spotty. They are no longer worth the premium, IMO

Figures. The units I bought were USA produced; I avoid foreign-made junk these days.

Amend my recommendation to only Delco products made in the USA. Inquire before ordering.

Last edited:
Back