• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rusty's fiberglass hood

justinbittner

NAXJA Forum User
is the rusty's fiberglass hood just a stock style hood or does it have something "special"? i remember seeing a yellow cherokee on ebay that had a custom hood that looked pretty good and wondered if that was maybe a rusty's one. if not, does anyone know of any aftermarket good looking hoods?

4 wheel drive hardware and quadratech sell a cowl induction hood for the cherokee
im considering getting this hood its made by a company called reflexion or something

gojeep has a write-up on his site about the steel hood from quadratec. Very informative and worth reading. I would have gotten one of these already, but it is $400!

cjovertj said:
4 wheel drive hardware and quadratech sell a cowl induction hood for the cherokee
im considering getting this hood its made by a company called reflexion or something

that one is steel and it runs about $399 or so.. a lil step for me but i'd love one.

I wonder how much weight could be saved by running a fiberglass hood... hmmmm...

If I recall gojeep said the metal one he installed was only about 70 lbs.-not that much more than the fiberglass.

To me, using a fiberglass hood would be like runing plastic diff covers....just sounds like a terrible idea

but i guess it all depends on what you do with your rig

I do get alot of body damage. With metal I can take the BFH to it. With fiberglass you just get to pick up the pieces and then pull the shards out of your hands.

There was only a something less than a 2 lb difference between the fibreglass one and the cowl one I have. Then found out that there is quite some work to be done before you can paint the fibreglass one with some filler even and scratch coats. Spoke to a painter who had done one and he said you do add a bit of weight doing that where none was needed in prep for the steel.

Bonnet2.jpg

Back