• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bender?

caglezxj

NAXJA Forum User
I know this has probably been gone through several times. But I am going to buy one tomorrow. I have searched the net and have found that the JD2 model 3 is one of the best manual bender out there. And I will also buy the bend-tech ez3d program also.

What is the best dies for this unit. I am only buying 2 dies 1.5 and 1.75 . They showed that the 5.5clr is the common radius. Is this the ones I will need for adding tubing to my exo cage, or other projects. or do I need a different radius?

Thanks for the future help. I will get pictures up of my cage as soon as this thing gets here, I am going tomorrow to buy tubing.

cool deal, I couldn't be happier with my pro-tools 105hd, try this forum for tips on bending and bendtech as the creator of bendtech may run that site, or at least frequents quite often(user name fabcam I think), he is a really nice guy and will give you a lot of good info, talked to me on the phone for a while and gave me a great deal on bt pro, I really will start needing the notching/joining feature soon.
site:

http://www.offroadfabnet.com/

as for the die, I prefer the smallest radius bend dies, the measurement is the centerline radius that your bends will take so if you want larger radius bends you will need a larger clr die(or possibly make two smaller radii bends depending). I havn't used a jd bender but it seems similiar in design. good luck, you won't regret adding it to the tool collection.
caglezxj said:
I know this has probably been gone through several times. But I am going to buy one tomorrow. I have searched the net and have found that the JD2 model 3 is one of the best manual bender out there. And I will also buy the bend-tech ez3d program also.

What is the best dies for this unit. I am only buying 2 dies 1.5 and 1.75 . They showed that the 5.5clr is the common radius. Is this the ones I will need for adding tubing to my exo cage, or other projects. or do I need a different radius?

Thanks for the future help. I will get pictures up of my cage as soon as this thing gets here, I am going tomorrow to buy tubing.

250-350 some where in there for an ok one.

1985xjlaredo said:
250-350 some where in there for an ok one.
That's pretty much just the bender, then you have to add another 100-150 for a set of dies.

Back