• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MORE motor mounts problems getting them bolted up

Big Red

NAXJA Forum User
MORE motor mounts problems getting them bolted up.

I did the driver side 1st and between me and a friend who is very mechanically inclined, we couldn't get the motor mounts to bolt up. We used a thick 2" x 1.5' board on end and jacked it up with a 2-1/2 ton jack to the front edge of the motor and haven't been able to get the bolt through the mounts and the fork. I have a 1" t-case drop since I went with a 241 Rock Trak t-case. Do you think I'll need to unbolt the trans mount? Should I 1st bolt up the new motor mount to the fork and then bolt in the 2 bottom bolts? I have about 2-1/2 hours with someone on the driver side mount alone and cannot get the bolt now through the mount, the mount is still up a little on 1 side and down on the other. Should I try jacking up the motor on the lower most part of the oil pan where the drain plug is. It seems like I might need to pull the motor forwards, how would you do that? I tried rachet straps, but they aren't helping much. Please help. I have a 8000i Warn winch, would anyone use this?
thanks,
Troy

Last edited:
Did you fully tighten the two bolts/nuts that hold the mount to the frame piece??? If so, loosen up on those. I usually just start them by hand, then get the big bolt through, then tighten up the two mounting bolts. I usually tighten the big one last. Just an idea. I installed rusty's mounts and I had to do some wrestling to get those in as well. good luck

Justin

I just used a 2x4 and some other misc. prying objects.

It may be a hassle, but if you take out the front clip, you can get a straight shot to get the bolt through.

I bolted the body side down first(loosely) and then installed the bolt through the forks. Also, do the pass side first.

HTH

Fergie

The MORE mounts are not the same height as the stock units so that is part of the alignment issue. Are you guys lifting up on the lowest part of the pan by the drain plug? My friend went right for the front most part of the motor and stood the 2" x 2' plank of wood. My 2-1/2 ton jack also keeps trying to roll out. I think I might just lay the wood flat and then jack up the motor further back on the flat drain area instead. I know it's a matter of time of pulling, pushing, jacking etc etc till I get it lined up right. I have a large screwdriver at the moment through the front side of the fork and mount, but I need the other side to come up. I thought and read to start on the passenger side, but my driver side is wasted so I though that I'd do that side and hopefully get some wheeling in for the 1st time in a year in this weekend, but that doesn't look like it's going to happen at the moment. :mad:

Would you guys suggest loosening up the passenger side bolts as well or is this very dangerous until I get at least 1 mount bolted up?

Troy

The 2x4 should be flat, spreading the load more on the pan.

As long as you have the engine supported well, then loosening the pass side to manuever the entire thing, then you wont have a problem.

Fergie

Fergie said:
The 2x4 should be flat, spreading the load more on the pan.

As long as you have the engine supported well, then loosening the pass side to manuever the entire thing, then you wont have a problem.

Fergie

Thanks, I'll try that. :)

I got it with the help of a couple of my friends that came over last night and spend 3 hours getting the bolt through the fork and mount. Now on to the passenger side after my Fordyce run this weekend. Fun fun. :laugh3: We had to loose the trans mounts and the passenger side mount and wrestle with the motor to get the bolt to finally pass through. This is not a fun job. :mad: Do you think I'll be o.k. with a MORE drive side mount and a stock passenger side. My passenger side isn't that bad but the stocker looks to be 1/2" or so lower than the MORE mount.

Troy

Must have something to do with your t-case and drop.

I had no issues with installing my mounts, and all I had was me.

SHouldnt be a problem, but it would be smarter to do it right the first time.

Fergie

Back