• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

staggered rear shock conversion

Fruit for nismo's thought, shocks help combat wheel hop, which is not always caused by axle wrap. With your shocks not being closer to 100% effective I'd imagine this would intensify wheel hop, which is bad, even in "a lot of rocks and snow". Wheel hop is horrible in the rocks, it almost always stops forward progress unless you're really hammering it. Throttle + wheel hop = broken parts.

Your lazy the not lazy way would of been to run them through the floor so there working at the proper angle
no im smart enough not to cut holes in my floor for shocks that probably dont ride or work any better even in the right position all rough countrys stuff is crap if i had even some decent shocks i might have went a different direction
Fruit for nismo's thought, shocks help combat wheel hop, which is not always caused by axle wrap. With your shocks not being closer to 100% effective I'd imagine this would intensify wheel hop, which is bad, even in "a lot of rocks and snow". Wheel hop is horrible in the rocks, it almost always stops forward progress unless you're really hammering it. Throttle + wheel hop = broken parts.
this is great food for though although ive never really had any real bad wheel hop i could see it being alot worse if your shocks aren't helping

u know the shackle angle should be at about 40 to 45 degrees right and not your shocks? and jks makes an adjustable shock mount that would probable be a little bit better.

and as the suspension compresses they get even less effective
true! but when i flex wouldnt one get less effective and one get more effective ??
u know the shackle angle should be at about 40 to 45 degrees right and not your shocks? and jks makes an adjustable shock mount that would probable be a little bit better.
if i different angle would have fit i wouldnt have put them at such a bad angle in the first place :wow: any less of an angle and my shocks would have been too long as stated earlier i did what i had to do to save money and run the shocks that came with my kit for now

Back