• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

"Part Time" Dash light.... I need mine to say "Party Time"

Should be 2 screws right above the Speedo and the tac, the rest are clips that hold the plastic face on the dash, then there should be 2 more screws holding the party time light housing in place

Last edited:
My 89 and 94 have 4 screws holding it plus the clips.I think,1 is around switch and the other is the cig lighter area i think.They screw up so it is hard to see them.i used a flash light to find them with my bad eyes and all.

IIRC, You will find the sheet with the text is unique and difficult to change. This is a sheet of mylar or some material that has two layer so that the text cannot be read without a back light. In addition, it may be sealed to the "light" box.

The text is a thin piece of printed plastic. I had mine apart when I was working on the lighting, but I dont remember if it was very accessible. You could probably have a print shop make one for you. Maybe silk-screen one yourself if you feel up to it.

I don't have one either but my jeep started life as a 2WD and I never felt like bothering to run the wiring from the tcase to the engine harness.

A friend of mine made his say "oh shit!" instead of part time.

I don't have one either but my jeep started life as a 2WD and I never felt like bothering to run the wiring from the tcase to the engine harness.

A friend of mine made his say "oh shit!" instead of part time.

Mine started out as 4x4, but it doesn't work...is there a sensor bad somewhere?

probably the transfer case shift indicator switch or the wires going to it, or the bulb is burnt out. Might be a vacuum issue too if it's got a CAD axle and is an earlier model, what year/tcase/front axle?

Back