• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Announcing: XJDB.com

JeepFreak21

NAXJA Forum User
I'd like to announce the opening of my new site www.XJDB.com - the internet's largest searchable XJ database! There are currently over 650 pictures with keywords like "exo cage", "LED tail lights", "TJ flares", "snorkle", and "Swampers". You can also search by owner name, like "Beezil" or "NorCalXJ".

I'm still trying to add in as many owner names as I can, but the keywords were my first priority. If you know the name of a rig's owner and I haven't noted it already, I would greatly appreciate you adding their name to the comment section under the picture.

Keep in mind that there are still some bugs to work out and customizations to be made, but let me know what you think so far.

Thanks,
Billy
XJDB.com

VERY COOL! Finally a place with lots of pics of mods and stuff. Me likes :kissyou:

Looks good to me. We can send you pics for you to post I take it? I gotta get out with a camera!

I've uploaded a couple there, hopefully they're not too boring :) (The XJ20th picture and mine)

Go ahead and link mine site up or nab whatever you want off it. I have no plans to kill that website, so the link(s) should be safe for quite awhile. There's an ever expanding selection of pictures and video there.

xj.sequoiasite.com

wow!

that musta' been a ton of work!

very nice. So many pictures of cool xj's I've never even seen before, especially in the exocage grpoup.....

one comment though....

now that your site is up, you could single-handedly absorb 90-percent of all JU xj posts!!!!

"show me pictures of.......X"

why post when you can just go to your site?

do you have any pictures of patriot blue jeeps?

:laugh3:

edit:

idea: is there any way you could have some kind of list of all the keywords you use for your search criteria so far?

I know "exo cage" (not "exocage") is one....

what are some others?

Beezil said:
wow!

that musta' been a ton of work!

very nice. So many pictures of cool xj's I've never even seen before, especially in the exocage grpoup.....

one comment though....

now that your site is up, you could single-handedly absorb 90-percent of all JU xj posts!!!!

"show me pictures of.......X"

why post when you can just go to your site?

do you have any pictures of patriot blue jeeps?

:laugh3:

edit:

idea: is there any way you could have some kind of list of all the keywords you use for your search criteria so far?

I know "exo cage" (not "exocage") is one....

what are some others?

:laugh2: I had the same thought about JU!

I'm working on getting the keywords to display when you're viewing the picture (just added that to the FAQ section after somebody asked). A list of the most common keywords I used would go as follows:
swampers, boggers, beadlocks, 35s, 36s, 37s, 38s, chopped, exo, cage, long arms, coil conversion, leaf conversion, snorkle, tj flares, bushwacker flares, led tail lights, coilovers, quarter panels, half doors...
that's all I can think of off hand. I want to add in names of specific bumpers, rockers, etc.

I'm also debating whether to seperate close up photos of stuff like crossmembers, links, etc and put them in another album called "close-ups" or "parts". I'm also considering adding another album for non-XJs that could give people ideas that they could modify for their Cherokees.

Thanks for the comments,
Billy
XJDB.com

Oh yeah... and it was a ton of work! Especially crammed into 10 days because I was excited about having it done! :D

I dunno a thing about web stuff, like getting search words to work....

but for example, take guys like hinkley....they can barely spell their own name, and if they tried entering misspelled words, they wouldn't be able to come up with much, and their viewing experience would be unpleasant.....

I noticed "exo cage" works, and "exocage" does not...since your website relies heavily on word searches, maybe there is a way for your search to be able to deal with guys like hinkley....?

say, if I typed "exocag" in.....would it find the "exo cage" pics?

just a thought.

WOW!! Billy that is nice! I hope you have enough bandwidth, cause people are going to use that like mad!!! :D

On what Bez is saying, how about a list of pre-made word in a list that users can have it search for. Should not be too hard with that nuke module. Just make a custom link on the left menu going to a "custom search page". On this page you have hyperlinks for "the spelling impaired" to just click on the link of the word.

Again, excellent work!!
Steve

Beezil said:
I dunno a thing about web stuff, like getting search words to work....

but for example, take guys like hinkley....they can barely spell their own name, and if they tried entering misspelled words, they wouldn't be able to come up with much, and their viewing experience would be unpleasant.....

I noticed "exo cage" works, and "exocage" does not...since your website relies heavily on word searches, maybe there is a way for your search to be able to deal with guys like hinkley....?

say, if I typed "exocag" in.....would it find the "exo cage" pics?

just a thought.

yeah, I want to make a quick list of keywords that you can click on to search... or what I would REALLY like is a bunch of check boxes that would really narrow down what you wanted to see. I think that's a little ways out though (this is my first experience w/ this type of web site (php).)
Billy

TealV6 said:
WOW!! Billy that is nice! I hope you have enough bandwidth, cause people are going to use that like mad!!! :D

On what Bez is saying, how about a list of pre-made word in a list that users can have it search for. Should not be too hard with that nuke module. Just make a custom link on the left menu going to a "custom search page". On this page you have hyperlinks for "the spelling impaired" to just click on the link of the word.

Again, excellent work!!
Steve

yup, I should have read your post before replying to Beez :D That's exactly what I want to do.
Thanks!
Billy

PS - unlimited space and unlimited bandwidth :cheers:

Nice work, Billy!

This is about the only useful thing to ever come out of the Sierra Chapter.

Now, where are the Birthday Billy disco pics?

CRASH

Also, you need to add "Asshat" as a keyword.

I have a few submissions for that section.

CRASH

CRASH said:
Also, you need to add "Asshat" as a keyword.

I have a few submissions for that section.

CRASH
oh come on.....thats getting a bit conceded. We dont need a whole section devoted to YOU! :laugh2:

Back