• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Parkway West

JCS JP

NAXJA Forum User
On Monday night my wife recieved a call that a mother will never forget. She found out that a Jeep Grand Cherokee lost a rear tire and it bounced down the road and jump the median and hit the winshield of her daughters car. Her daughter went to the hospital. We had found out that she was brain dead. We were told that her brother and dad were going to pull the plug at 12 PA time.
The reason I am doing this post is because we all have bigger tire than normal. For this reason I want to make sure that everyone knows how important it is to make sure we use the correct parts and torque.

Jeremiah

Many years ago I was headed west on 30 or 635 and noticed a reverse offset 13x7 gold spoke dayton and tire bouncing east down the eastbound side at about 60 mph. A few hundred yards up the road was a raggedy mid 80's ghetto sled with a couple of hispanic guys in it, minus the driver's side front wheel/tire. The entire spindle had broken off. I saw something similar on at least one other occasion.

A few years later I was on the way to work one morning, headed south and met a gravel truck headed north. Evidently he failed to clean the truck off because a 2" chunk of rock almost came through my windshield. I was running 70 mph and I'd guess he was running between 60 and 70. Glass shards all over the interior, luckily none in my eyes.

About two years ago an illegal went into the local lowes and bought a cookstove, didn't bother to strap it down in the bed of the truck. It fell out and killed the woman following behind him. He drove off like nothing happened. The very next day, he went back to the same lowes and bought another stove identical to the first. The only reason he got caught was because the same employee was working and happened to remember him from the day before.

"Stuff" happens, and sadly, sometimes people get hurt or killed. :(

My condolences to the family.

Thanks everyone. My wife is doing alot better now that time has passed. My wife and I think that it sucks that bad things happen to wonderful people. I had asked my wife before I posted this and she said that her daughter would want to help people.

Back