• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Welder won't feed wire.

iwannadie

NAXJA Forum User
Lots of welding topics so here's another.

I have a cheapy chambell hausefeld(spelling?) welder and worked fine ladt time I used it. Sat untounched and went to use it today and no wire feed. The feed motor doesn't turn or seem to even try.

Checked the trigger wiring wnd seems fine nothing loose there. Opened the panel and see nothing loose or burned up inside(someone suggested a blown fuse but I see none). Can't turn the wire feed wheel by hand either. Pulled the wire out to make sure it wasn't jammed.

Any tips on where to look first? Maybe try powering the feed morot dirext and see if it goes?

My welder does not turn on the power to the tip until you press the switch. Check and see if you have power to the wire when you hit the switch. That will tell you if the switch is good. You should also be able to hear the gas coming out when you press the switch. If you don't, you most likely have a bad switch in the torch.

Back