• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power door locks don't work....

Torry H

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I have searched around and found that this seems to be a real common problem, what I find really odd is the lack of answers on the problem.

1990 xj

:problem-none of the door locks work, radio works, dome lights work, power windows work
:tested lock motors they all work
:checked all fuses, all good, have power at switch.
:checked switch its good.

So about now, I'm like WTF over!

it also has keyless entry but we don't have the fob.

so what other thing's do I need to check...?

Thanks.

You need to check the voltages at the solenoids and at the relays under the pass side kick panel. If the voltage drops below about 11v, there's not enough to overcome the resistance in lock solenoids and any resistance in the lock mechanisms themselves.

Mine work a bit sluggishly with the engine off. Once I start it up, my system voltage increases and all locks jump.

You didn't say if you cleaned and lubed the lock assy's themselves.

While I welcome you to NAXJA since this is your first post, I'll tell you from the get go, if you don't like what you find here, you're welcome to go elsewhere. You get what you pay for.

While I thank you for the things to check, I don't understand why you put your last comment...?

T.

You need to check the voltages at the solenoids and at the relays under the pass side kick panel. If the voltage drops below about 11v, there's not enough to overcome the resistance in lock solenoids and any resistance in the lock mechanisms themselves.

Mine work a bit sluggishly with the engine off. Once I start it up, my system voltage increases and all locks jump.

You didn't say if you cleaned and lubed the lock assy's themselves.

While I welcome you to NAXJA since this is your first post, I'll tell you from the get go, if you don't like what you find here, you're welcome to go elsewhere. You get what you pay for.

Back