• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sneak Peak:Rough Country Winch Bumper

So now that this bumper is out and for sale what do u guys think of the finished version? I was looking on their site and they have a video of them installing it. Looks beefy but i dont think they reinforced all the sterring bolts.They also dont offer a reinforcement palte for inside the frame rails. Curious if other inside reinforcemt plates would work with it. Link is here http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep-xj-winch-bumper_1057.html

It's priced okay and it's something i'd consider, but I'd first hand reviews of it. with the d-ring mounts and light bar it gets up to about 500-600 bucks.

It's priced okay and it's something i'd consider, but I'd first hand reviews of it. with the d-ring mounts and light bar it gets up to about 500-600 bucks.
I know thats kinda the issue with me as well. I can get a better built bumper for that kinda money. I like the stinger look and its function. But not sure if it being bolt on will make it strong enough. My buddy's YJ has a Poision spyder stinger bumper and its saved his ass more than once. It can hold up the entire weight of the jeep on its nose. Im definaetly not feeling the d rings. They should be welded on and standard not an option.

I agree 100% with MuscleHead about the D-ring brackets. They should be stock, preferably welded. I can see where the designers tried to make it "easy" by using the same mount points for the stinger and the D-ring brackets, but that is kind of a cop-out. Plus $89 for two small pieces of metal is a bit much.

Overall I like the bumper but if you look at the pics in the instructions. The two frame tie ins don't go all the way back to the rear most hole that the oem tow hooks and other bumpers co's use. Kinda makes me wonder what kind of additional stress the bumper might put on the front end. When RC posted over on jeepforum I spoke up about this but no one took notice.

Overall I like the bumper but if you look at the pics in the instructions. The two frame tie ins don't go all the way back to the rear most hole that the oem tow hooks and other bumpers co's use. Kinda makes me wonder what kind of additional stress the bumper might put on the front end. When RC posted over on jeepforum I spoke up about this but no one took notice.
Wasnt aware of that. So most bumpers mount farther back than that. Ive been looking at TnT's bumper looks sick and nothing but beef in my opinion. I can get it for the same price as RCs with all its options.

x2

the stock xmember is a joke... if you pull the bumper off, and kick it, itll bend in. a bumper with a replacement one (where you have to cut the stock xmember out) would be awesome for people who dont want to/cant weld in a replacement themselves.

Check out my new bumpers... they do just this. ;)

Back