• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Richmond American Homes

dirteexj94

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone ever had a house built by Richmond? The wife and I are throwing around the idea of having a house built. Thanks in advance

My wife and I bought a Richmond home, it was our first house back in 1992. We had a good experience with them back then. I'm sure things are different now but the one thing to keep in mind with any builder is: The house is built by the contractor that had the lowest bid.

Here in NorCo, they have a good reputation.

Where are you looking for?

My first house was a Richmond, our house was nice but they didn't complete a lot of the small things that they said were included in our design plan. I fought for months for them to come out and fix them or finish them and they did do a few but somethings were never done. Overall initially it wasn't a bad experience.

Sounds like every contractor I have ever known.

We built one in 2013 with them, overall good experience. Only issues was turnover with warrant folks was so high it was difficult to get items repaired in a timely manner. Otherwise, was a great experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife and I bought a Richmond home, it was our first house back in 1992. We had a good experience with them back then. I'm sure things are different now but the one thing to keep in mind with any builder is: The house is built by the contractor that had the lowest bid.

^^ this. Be involved in the build, visit daily and take pictures. Point out defects to your sales guy before they become permanent (and before you close), you'll be fine. They have some good architects at Richmond, but they do weird things... mine had no coat closet. WTF?:confused1

^^ this. Be involved in the build, visit daily and take pictures. Point out defects to your sales guy before they become permanent (and before you close), you'll be fine. They have some good architects at Richmond, but they do weird things... mine had no coat closet. WTF?:confused1

Wife and I are looking to buy a house by the end of next year and I am amazed at how many homes do not have a coat closet.

I cut a hole in the wall by the front door, built a little "deck" into the oversized garage, insulated the snot out of it and remedied the problem -- voila, coat closet. :D The wife and I were both amused, however, that we didn't notice until we moved in.

Back