• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

axle is to far to the PASSENGER side!!!

saltilloxj

NAXJA Forum User
OK I got my 4" lift in. I got a Rocky Road adjustable track bar too. I installed it and now with it tightened all the way the axle still sits to far to the passenger side. It seems everyone has a problem with it going to the driver side but I have the axle doing the opposite. I need to pull i the driver side. I had it alligned but the guy said that the computer won't let them adjust the side to side adjustment. He said that there was no way to completly center the steering wheel either until the axle is centered.

is the the Track bar as short as it will go? if so the Trackbar might be too long
oops, he beat me to it, also make sure it's still mounted to the stock hole on the axle side. Sometimes people drill a second hole to the right move the axle.

Last edited:
lift it more

Should I just go back to stock? This is strange to me because the lift netted more than 4" and the axle moved MORE to the passenger side??? I have really searched this and have found nothing on it. So the best thing may be to take it off?!?!?

hey man, relax, just take down the frame side, have someone sit in it and turn the wheel till the body moves over the axle, then adjust the trackbar to reach the frame mount. that will get you very close.

Sorry didn't mean to come across, in a bad way, just forgot to add to my post the info on the bolts. But will this solve the problem with it going to the passenger side? Who here has around 4" of lift and what did you do to get the axle to sit centered, redrill, bracket, stock trackbar, adj. trackbar...

No its as short as I can make it... Could the way I installed it be the problem? I think I will pull off the axle side and turn the wheel till it is centered. But I am afraid that will just not work because there is no more adjustment left.

mack said:
hey man, relax, just take down the frame side, have someone sit in it and turn the wheel till the body moves over the axle, then adjust the trackbar to reach the frame mount. that will get you very close.

Good point, never even thought of that. Did you attempt to center the axle, or did you just throw the trac bar on adjusting it to the current location???

If you just threw it on, what you need to do is what mack said. Disconnect the bar throw the steering wheel back and forth until the axle looks centered. Then adjust the bar to fit that................. :lecture:

Ok took off the adjustable bar and went back to stock it works fine. Thanks for the great idea to use the stearing to get the axle recentered! I guess 4" wasn't big enough for my 90' I am just going to have to go to 6" to use my adj. bar :)

saltilloxj said:
Ok took off the adjustable bar and went back to stock it works fine. Thanks for the great idea to use the stearing to get the axle recentered! I guess 4" wasn't big enough for my 90' I am just going to have to go to 6" to use my adj. bar :)

You poor thing! then you'll need some 35s to keep it from looking goofy at +6 :laugh3:

saltilloxj said:
?????

With 4" of lift, if you put the stock track bar on your axle is now approximately 3/4 of an inch off center toward the driver's side. You can drive it like that and you CAN get the steering wheel centered, but the axle virtually can't be centered under the chassis.

Back