• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So did I read that right?

xxmidianxx

NAXJA Forum User
I was reading the AZ Chapter about expanding and they were talking about taking in far west Texas. I was just checking on this "story." I am fine with it and I think it would be a good idea. It is VERY far for anyone from that part of the world to make.. lets say Hot Springs or even Gilmer. But wait.... Ozona it not too far from there. Like 3 hours west of SA.

Well that good to know. Its a good idea in some ways but Texas has never been divided and I dont see it now.

What we specifically told them was that anyone could participate in any chapter. In other words, if the Arizona / New Mexico chapter is closer, then feel free to hang out with them, instead. I don't think we specifically talked about them officially "annexing" part of the RRC, though.

That said, I don't have any specific issues with the west texas region becoming part of a "SouthWest" chapter. I consider the chapter lines to be pretty fluid, so anyone in any chapter is welcome to participate in our events. I think it's probably one of those things we should simply let the folks in that region decide. If they all want to be part of SWC, then more power to 'em.

Don't worry, you Republic of Texas, types...it's just a chapter, not secession. :)

Oh, on a related note, we do plan to have events out that direction at some point. Specifically, I think all of us would like to hit Katemcy Rocks at some point. Also, it's not illegal for folks in the same region to get together on their own, either. :)

K-Rocks is a great place. I have been there once and I had a great time. My local OR club (which I am the ONLY XJ in it) will more than likely be heading out there later this year too. Maybe we can figure something out and a few of us can go with them. Jurt to let them know what XJs can really do.

If they want to claim part of it why not, let it have double coverage if you have a problem splitting it.

Back