• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coming to RMNP in May

GreaseMonkey17

NAXJA Forum User
I will be vacationing in Estes/RMNP the third week of May. At this time I don’t believe I will be bringing my Jeep . But, what things should we Make sure to see or eat ? And if anyone wanted to take me down a trail or two I wouldn’t say no. Haha

Most stuff in the Mts doesn't open until Memorial Day, snow permitting. If it's open, it's worth driving thru RMNP to Grand Lake, and back again.

If you have any type of medium clearance vehicle and are going up to the top and it is open, take Fall River Road. It is a dirt single lane up to the top built by convict labor back in the 20's or so.

I will still be working in NY then, otherwise I would have been happy to help you out.

May is a bit early for rmnp. But with our lack of snow this year it might pan out. Go during the week and head up early.

Back