• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Briarwood decals, mouldings

Markus N.

NAXJA Forum User
Hi Jeepers,

i'd like to introduce myself, i'm Markus from Frankfurt/Germany and a proud '92 Briarwood XJ owner since 9 years.
Depending of the age the Jeep has some not so shiny parts in the wood decals and i'm missing one of the mouldings. I'd like to keep the XJ in proper condition and looking out for some proper parts. Here in Germany it is impossible to get special the Briarwood parts because Chrysler says they never sold them official and so they don't have to support this model.
Prioritiy for me is to get woodgrain overlays for the body parts and and the lighter ones for the mouldings or mouldings ready for mounting.
Is someone out there who can help me with a contact to a shop which is able to ship things to Germany. I have a part list so an order would be easy.

Regards
Markus

A Jeep dealership would be your best bet. Your local dealership 'should' be able to get them if you try and persuade them a little.
It took me a while but I managed to get some XJ parts for my 97 here in the USA that had to come from Europe since they were sold only for the export market. After about a half a dozen tries the dealer finally ordered them in for me. I wanted a set headlight motors to go with my HID headlights. I got the dealership to tell the Jeep factory that I had imported a European XJ with the headlight leveling system and I needed replacement motors.

You'll probably have to try several dealerships until you find one that will work with you.

Good luck. :)

Jeepzz,

thanks for your reply, but belive me i tried it over years several times at different DC dealers they are real scrab in Germany, 'service' is a foreign word for them.

Markus

I don't know just how bad your looks, but I used to have Plymouth minivan that had the woody trim. I used vinyl trim cleaner/protectent on it. It would make shine like new every time.

Markus, do you have part numbers along with the item's description (what piece and where it's mounted)? Let me know and I'll call the local dealer here and see if they are still available.

Back