• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seat bracket bolt stripped

jeffnboise

NAXJA Forum User
'97, 4dr
The front bolts to my driver's seat bracket are stripped. Other forums are telling me i can put a nut into the 'box' the front bracket bolts enter. I have no idea what they're talking about. Do I have to remove the carpet to see inside the 'box'. I don't see how I can make this ideas work. Can I put a helicoil in it?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Use the Google, find pictures, or pull up the carpet and look for yourself.

Heli-Coil is fine and would work, but IMO would be overkill. I would simply drill and re-tap the weld nut to the next larger thread size.

Use the Google, find pictures, or pull up the carpet and look for yourself.

Heli-Coil is fine and would work, but IMO would be overkill. I would simply drill and re-tap the weld nut to the next larger thread size.
"Use the Google" ?
That's brilliant....smdh

IIRC. The mounts are vertical, which means the hardware bolts in horizontal. The long brace/bar/whatever you want to call it, that the bolts go into is what 'other forums' are talking about.
Simple solution has been suggested above.
Otherwise, cut a small opening on top, remove weldnut, use corresponding size nut for current hardware. And there you go.
Tim was just advising you to find picture of said location to understand your question of 'what's the box'

'97, 4dr
The front bolts to my driver's seat bracket are stripped. Other forums are telling me i can put a nut into the 'box' the front bracket bolts enter. I have no idea what they're talking about. Do I have to remove the carpet to see inside the 'box'. I don't see how I can make this ideas work. Can I put a helicoil in it?

Have a look at the picture below. I think they're talking about fishing a nut into the channel. Catch is you need to pull up or at least slit the carpet to get to it.

TQ4cUjT.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Have a look at the picture below. I think they're talking about fishing a nut into the channel. Catch is you need to pull up or at least slit the carpet to get to it.

TQ4cUjT.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg
Thank You, Sir. That is the explanation a newbie is looking for. May the Jeep Gods smile upon you.

Back